Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10830) Trirem doesn't want to move

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10830) Trirem doesn't want to move
From: "François-Xavier Coudert" <Francois-Xavier.Coudert@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 05:16:22 -0800

> If you use the Goto command (either with the mouse or with key 'g') the
> trireme would not cross oceans (in most cases) because it is unsure.
> That means it can sink (see help for that).

I know that. But with my usual freeciv version (1.14.2, gtk2 client) I
don't think there was such a problem. If I decide my trimere wants to go
somewhere, it went there, and could sink.

Moreover, in the case I reported, I tried to move it from the coast of
one island to the nearby coast of the pole, without any dangerous ocean
square in-between. And it didn't want to do that move.

> It should be always possible to move the trireme anywhere you like with
> the cursor keys, though.

I think I tried that and it didn't work either. Plus, I was playing on a
laptop with no really useful cursor keys on it.

PS : there seems to be no MacOSX bundle with gtk2 client right now. I
will probably be able to provide one soon. Whom should I write to to get
it on the download page? (it would be easier than using Fink for most Mac
users)

Thanks for your help,
François-Xavier