Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9803) PATCH rm map.grasssize parameter

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9803) PATCH rm map.grasssize parameter
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:24:27 -0700

> [mburda - Wed Aug 25 17:02:38 2004]:
>
> patch fixed

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with this patch.
You wan't to remove map.grasssize, because it isn't used by generator
code. IMO it is used, but in indirect way. It isn't also redundant value.
Your method makes the system more complicated for a user.
How can I raise the amount of grass on the map with your patch?
ferestsize=40 don't mean twice as many forest as foresetsize=20

I think that the main problem is that these values don't sum up to 100.
If they would, map.grasssize would be redundant, but even then I
wouldn't remove it. User needs to know percentage value.

Some parts of PR#9627 can go without it, am I right?
--
mateusz