Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9803) PATCH rm map.grasssize parameter

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9803) PATCH rm map.grasssize parameter
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:12:35 -0700

Le mer 25/08/2004 à 21:05, Mateusz Stefek a écrit :

> > [mburda - Wed Aug 25 15:51:10 2004]:
>
> > If you like i change all at one time, but you not like it, this code is
> > thinked to do has temporally as percenets, evidentrly some one can set a
> > map with 0% (plains-grass-tundra), but for the default option this is
> > ok, and this is the minimum whanted. but i can hardcode a 20% minimum
> > for others and doc it(if you like my english),
>
> Currently your C is more comprehensive than your English.
Sorry, as maybe may C is not the best anyway

> > but doc it will be wast
> > thime
>
> In this case, coding anything without written plan is a waste of time.
is a wast of time, as these parameters will change very soon.

> >has next patch go so fast i you can comitte its
> > my next step will be change mountains to relief (initially a persent of
> > total landmass)
>
> As I said before, PR#9627 doesn't depend on this ticket.
the actual 9627 not at all.
but Jason i me are working is 9627 and 9767
for this last, this is a problem with these parameters.

we think reduce the parameters to 3

landmassepercent
relief
wetness
temperature

and rewrite generators to well place any terrains ruleset.

grassland as useless in this target.

and sorry for my english ;-)