Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9706) Wishlist: Change homecity without visiting i

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9706) Wishlist: Change homecity without visiting it
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:54:25 -0700

  First version.

  - Any unit can any time change homecity by visiting it.
  - Added ruleset option currently works as on/off switch. If 0, units
can never change homecity without visiting it. If != 0, units can change
homecity anywhere/anytime. As option/variable names suggest, future
versions should change this so that homecity can be changed only once/n
turns.
  - Units with flag F_TRADE_ROUTE can never change homecity without
visiting it. I have no plans to make this any more flexible within this
ticket.
  - GTK-2 client supported. Others should compile. When this new feature
is disabled, there is no user visible changes. Same goes for
non-supported clients even when feature enabled.
  - I guess that even gtk-2.0 would have issues with long city listings.
   I'm not happy with dialog behaviour, if unit gets wiped
(killed/disbanded/whatever) while dialog is open. For most part this is
just copied from pillage dialog, so same problems are there too.
  - I just added mandatory capability without really thinking if
non-mandatory would be sufficient.

  - Caz