Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9706) Wishlist: Change homecity without visiting i

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9706) Wishlist: Change homecity without visiting it
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 05:20:22 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> The entire 'home city' concept lacks any reality aspect, if you ask me...

  I first wrote this as a joke (well, it still is):
  It is realistic for ancient/medieval times. So if realism is what you
want, use "home city" concept for early game and "national army" concept
later.

  Anyway, you effectively get away from "home city" concept when
homecity can be changed anytime/anywhere and someone (!= caz) implements
client option to auto-optimize homecities.

  If after that, someone wants such a gameplay wise horrid option as
mentioned above, it would be codewise rather easy to introduce tech
requirement for change homecity anytime/anywhere feature.
  Not that I would vote for implementing such an option.

  - Caz