Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9181) [freeciv #9176] Re: Freeciv algorythm

To: swromania21@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9181) [freeciv #9176] Re: Freeciv algorythm
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:49:45 -0700

> Also, once ocean numbers are in, could we also implement road network
> numbers and use these to calculate bonus trade, as a ruleset alternative
> to setting up trade routes?  (ie for a particular city we count up the
> number of cities with the same road network number, and we count up the
> number of cities with harbor with the same ocean number, throw in a
> ruleset multiplier/divisor or two, take into account city distances, and
> give out bonus trade)

I don't think this generalizes all that well since it may be
player-dependent.  Think about how civ3 does trade.  A different "trade"
number per player could work.  However it would also be nice to be able to
take distance (travel time) into account and this requires more than just
looking at the connection number.

jason