Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#576) Wishlist: alternating unit movement

To: tomg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#576) Wishlist: alternating unit movement
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 04:19:42 -0700

On Mon, 10 May 2004, andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I haven't followed the thread on alternating unit movement very closely,
> but I was just wondering what's preventing it from being completed? It's a
> feature people seem to request often..

There is nothing preventing it from being implemented. It is just that
nobody has done it yet. Everyone seem to have enough other stuff to work
on as it is. So feel free to start working on it.

> The way Civ2 handles alternating unit movements might be a good place to
> get some ideas for the semantics of how phases can be handled. This is
> what people are used to, and I recall it working pretty well.

I don't recall how Civ2 did it, but read this ticket for some ideas others
have on how it could and should be implemented.

  - Per