Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some adjustments for buildings.ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some adjustments for buildings.ruleset
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:41:01 +0200

En/na Marko Lindqvist ha escrit:

Example 1: Maintenance of aqueduct is 2/turn. When city is only size 9, usually also when size 10, aqueduct is causing more expences than income. After city finally grows to size 11, it takes long time to cover these accumulated expences.

When my cities reach size 8 and begin to demand an aqueduct, i stop all wars and make them build settlers or enginiers. That way i don't suffer the population penalty and i can expand and irrigate for free. The same happens with size 12 and sewer systems. Also, notice that a granary is required in order to avoid the size reduction.

Normally, i use the settlers of the first aqueduct bondary for irrigating and expanding and, later, i use the second event of settlers for making farmlands and having my population to have a demographic explode.

Also if you build before The Adam Smith Co. it will pay the aqueduct expences more easilly.