Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8606) Some adjustments for buildings.ruleset

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8606) Some adjustments for buildings.ruleset
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:30:43 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> Patch #1: Reduce all building costs by approx. 30% (not including wonders
> and space items). Also reduce upkeep on marketplace, bank and stock
> exchange by one. This to make it more attractive to build city
> improvements.
>
> Patch #2: Make some single-city, quickly-obsoleted and/or rarely built
> wonders much cheaper. Colossus 200 -> 100. Copernicus 300 -> 200. Newton
> 400 -> 300. Richard 300 -> 150. Oracle 300 -> 100. Shakespeare 300 -> 200.
>
> Comments?

In Freeciv currently, the game advances much faster than "real life".
Under this patch that will be even more true.  I think rather than
decreasing the building costs it might be better to increase unit costs
(the two aren't exactly the same, though).  I'm also in favor of having
units require specific buildings to be built.

I do agree that the worthless wonders should cost less.  Or perhaps the
really good wonders should cost more...

jason