Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) [FS#11]

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) [FS#11]
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 04:02:04 -0700

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > It's not clickable.If you have a look at the last version of the
> > > layout I posted
> > > ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Main1.3.png

It looks really nice. However, is it possible that the gradient fill is
added dynamically, so that its colour is specified in the theme, Raimar?

One idea would be to make the master copy in SVG (vector graphics), so
that different sizes can easily be generated. We need at least 640x480,
800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024, IMHO.

As to how many people use different screen resolutions, I found this
statistics, purportedly for the whole internet population, but a few years
old:

        As of July 23, 2001

        Screen Resolution       Global Percentage
        1152 x 864              2.32
        1280 X 1024             2.88
        1024 X 768              32.72
        800 X 600               52.47
        640 X 480               5.71

Another statistics, from 2002, also purportedly for the internet as a
whole:

        1. 1024 x 768   43%
        2. 800 x 600    37%
        3. 1280 x 1024  12.9%
        4. 1152 x 864   3.8%
        5. 640 x 480    1.3%
        6. 1600 x 1200  1%
        7. 1152 x 870   0.2%

Another statistics, from 2003:

        These are the percentages of each screen resolution for WebproWorld.com

        1. 1024x768-----50.45%
        2. 800x600------27.96%
        3. 1280x1024----9.60%
        4. 1152x864-----4.49%