Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) [FS#11]

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) [FS#11]
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:13:18 -0700

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Morgan Jones wrote:
>> It's not clickable.If you have a look at the last version of the
>> layout I posted
>> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Main1.3.png
>
> Can't reach it due to an ftp error, but
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Main1.2.png looks really
> nice.
>
>> BTW can anyone suggest a good Bitmap font (.FON) creator for
>> windows/linux? I've made a nice font (currently 10 or 12 pixels
tall
>> (more later) plain and bold, full Latin1 charset) that I think will
>> look nice for the FS client.It's currently an Amiga font but I
>> don't think it would take me too long to remake on a PC, assuming
>> that .FON files support things like kerning.
>
> Remember it would need to include non-English characters, too...

Yes.  Currently the Amiga supports non-Latin characters differently
when using bitmap fonts so I haven't made these yet.  Once I start
remaking it on PC I'll add Greek and Cyrillic characters as well.

Arabic, Hebrew, Devanagari, Japanese, etc, might be a lot further down
the track.  I don't yet know what the limitations of the .FON format
are and I'm not really familiar enough with these scripts and what's
involved in getting them to work.  But I'm sure that the  Latin,
Greek, and Cyrillic alphabets will cover most Freeciv users.

     -Morgan