Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alliances & war

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alliances & war
From: Genevieve Gracian <ggracian@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:26:03 +0100

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:16:23 +0000 (GMT)
"Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:
> >   I'm in alliance - without teams. And i want to declare war against
> > an ally and i don't want the other allies to go against me in a war.
> >
> >   I break the alliance agreement with the choosen one. Then, in peace
> > withthat former ally, I bribe a city and more as needed, until the
> > civiliation declare war on me. So, the alliance declares war against the
> > one to attacks.

I shouldn't be able to break alliance agreement with one and stay allied
with the other. Perhaps, breaking alliance should be considered as an
'aggression', so the 3rd player should be 'brought into peace' with me
and stay allied with my victim.

> >   So, the attacked civilization is taken out of the alliance and
> > declared in war. This is not fear.

Sure.

> >   There is a way to detect this? Maybe with 'reason to cancel' variable?
>
> So if reason_to_cancel is > 0 then just break alliance, and don't drop
> directly into war mode. Design board?

Still, not fair enough imho. The victim suffers an out-of alliance
penalty as it's me who should.

--
G. Gracian