Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compiling the Win32 client

To: "Karl Fishman" <cdf30@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compiling the Win32 client
From: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:29:04 +0800

> I'm trying to compile the Win32 client under windows using Cygwin and I get
> this error in configure:
>
> error: specified client 'win32' not found: needs mingw
> What is 'mingw'?

There should be a package in the Cygwin installer under devel named
gcc-mingw.

I believe you might also need some of libpng12-devel, zlib, libiconv, gettext,
and w32api under libs, but I've never actually tried compiling under Cygwin.
I suggest just running configure again until it asks for one of the above,
though that may take a bunch of tries. :)

-James Canete
http://www.ign.com
Upgrade to Premium IGN Email
- 15MB of space