Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7517) Move canvas_store functions into client/gui-

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7517) Move canvas_store functions into client/gui-.../graphics.c
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:22:01 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

>>Also renamed gui_copy_canvas() to copy_canvas().
>
> Why the rename?

Err, right.  Because the other functions are canvas_store_create(),
canvas_store_free().  But we also have gui_put_sprite,
gui_put_sprite_full, gui_put_line, and gui_put_rectangle.  Maybe these
should be renamed with s/gui/canvas/?  Note there's also a
gui_map_put_tile_iso; this function will eventually be removed.

This doesn't all have to be one patch, though.  If we decide these
functions should go into graphics.c (or a new file canvas.c) we can move
them one at a time, in groups, or whatever.

Finally, these functions need function comments.  Should be easy.  In
fact, I don't know how they slipped into the code without function
comments.  Bad Raimar!

So I'm in favor of moving them out of mapview.c.  Whether they go into
canvas.c or graphics.c I don't much care.

jason