Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7387) Unified overview broke win32 client

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7387) Unified overview broke win32 client
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 02:09:07 -0800

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 02:05:21PM -0800, James Canete wrote:

> PR#7301 broke the win32 native client.
>
> I've been working on a fix, and so far the overview window works, but
> it's not clickable.  Also the information below the overview is not
> drawn properly, and the patch is extremely ugly, no cleanup whatsoever.
>
> I created a new window for the overview, and placed its callback
> function in gui_main.c.  That probably needs to be cleaned up, and also
> made to respond to mouse clicks.  I basically just tweaked the code here
> and there until it worked. :) I'm still working on it.

> I might have fundamentally misunderstood how the client was supposed to
> be changed, and so I apologize in advance.  Here's the patch anyway. :)

You should:
 - create a canvas_store_create function
 - create a canvas_store_free function
 - create a gui_copy_canvas function
 - fill the overview.window field (see client/mapview_common.h): this
 field contains a canvas store which represents the window. The common
 code will copy (using gui_copy_canvas) areas from the backing store
 to this window to draw the overview.

You did the first 3. I'm not sure about the last.

I don't see why you have to change code which draws indicators.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Two OS engineers facing a petri net chart: