[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7293) Performance of Freeciv

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7293) Performance of Freeciv
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:28:19 -0800

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Raimar Falke wrote:

> This was not the patch I had in mind. The idea was that every call of
> update_map_canvas queues the rectangle in a struct in a list. At the
> flush point (looks like this is flush_dirty) you clean this list of
> queued areas. You do this by removing any areas which are inside other
> areas. The remaining areas of the list are drawn with the code of the
> current update_map_canvas.

Yes, that's basically an extension of this patch:

- Rename update_map_canvas and update_map_canvas_visible, and make them
static functions.
- Write new update_map_canvas and update_map_canvas_visible; these are now
wrappers that just queue the update.
- The new static functions are only called from within
unqueue_mapview_updates (not flush_dirty).

jason