[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7095) No Capital, and can't build one..

To: admerik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7095) No Capital, and can't build one..
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:37:32 -0800

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:02:38AM -0800, imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On 04-01-22 you wrote:
>
> > In some cases selling the palace is an 'emergency measure' and a warning
> > (another window, another click) can result in split. So this warning
> > should be optional if it exists (which I'm not for).
>
> > The player who wants to experiment what happens if he sells his palace may
> > know the next time that it's not a very good idea.
>
> I'm pretty sure a first time player would like to know that it's a bad
> idea beforehand, if not from a warning, then at least from a tutorial.

You can read in the help that a palace is a really important building.
And after trying 5-6 games with selling and without you will learn that
it's a bad idea to sell it.

> I see no reason not to include a warning - for this rare cases when
> you really *want* to sell your palace, one click more won't do you any
> bad. Playing games is not like fiddling with a root account - one
> should be stopped from shooting oneself in the foot unless explictly
> told not to.

Yes, it's not fiddling with a root account. You can restart and retry.
Ask other players and learn.

Freeciv is a game, and the game can't prevent you from making errors.
You have to learn to make good decission. When don't want to have the
chance to make a bad decission watch games from top-players, or from the
AI.

Think i played more games where i had to sell my palace in an emergency
case than any other player selled it as fault.

And one click is really very much when you are in time preasure.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reden ist Silber,