[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:40:25 -0800

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Raimar Falke wrote:
>> I have tried various versions:
>> white with black outline:
>> http://freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs3_pics/oog-outline_white.png
>
> This is definitely my favourite, since it obscures the map the
> least. white-on-black is second best, but the arbitrary size of the
> blackened box annoys me a little.
>
>  - Per

I agree with Per, white text with black outline is the best
aesthetically.

However the first one, white text on transparent black backing, would
be nicer if the box didn't change size and was fixed at, say, 5 lines
(user definable).

I also think the fontsize could be smaller, but once again that could
be user-definable, as could the colour - yellow and black can often
be clearer than white and black.

     -Morgan