[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7231) Goto gets on ally's' boats

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7231) Goto gets on ally's' boats
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:12:38 -0800

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 12:02:19AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> > > I'm playing the 2004-01-10 Windows version.  I had just produced a
> > > Settler in a city and wanted it to Goto a location 3 squares distant.
> > > An ally's trireme was sitting next to my city at the time.  The Settler
> > > decided to move on to the trireme!  Surely, this is a bug.  I do not
> > > want my units gratuitously moving onto allied ships, then watching those
> > > ships sail merrily away.
> >
> > Indeed.  Allied ships should either be dangerous positions or incur a
> > heavy extra cost.
>
> Another option: don't-goto-onto-allied-ships?!

Enough options!
What we need is to make allied ship tile behaviour TB_DONT_LEAVE
So that you can board an allied ship, but not go through it.

Heavy extra cost is also ok (this doesn't entirely rule out passing
through the ally's ship).  Making it a dangerous position is shooting a
fly with a cannon.

G.