[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7231) Goto gets on ally's' boats

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7231) Goto gets on ally's' boats
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:31:23 -0800

> Enough options!
> What we need is to make allied ship tile behaviour TB_DONT_LEAVE
> So that you can board an allied ship, but not go through it.

But it's fine to go through it - you just can't end the turn there or you
might get left behind.  So one option is to make it a dangerous position.

> Heavy extra cost is also ok (this doesn't entirely rule out passing
> through the ally's ship).  Making it a dangerous position is shooting a
> fly with a cannon.

Setting the EC is an alternative to making it a dangerous position.  If
this is done the ship's tile will be used, but only as a last resort.  So
goto by a settler from one island to another will use the ship, but the
same goto across a bay of an island would choose to go around the island
instead.

I'm not sure which is better - probably the dangerous position method.

jason