[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv is too slow

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv is too slow
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:25:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > > then could you check this behavior with 1.14.1 with the same client? Is it
> > > still as slow?
> >
> > I can't connect a HEAD client to a S_14 server.But its in the server,
> > I did the "turn done, enter in server" test.At least the current
> > bottle neck :)
>
> sorry, not what I meant. If you were using GTK2 in HEAD use GTK2 in S_14.
> If the server in S_14 still as slow as in HEAD?

Also try to run the server only with your savegame, set endyear to the
next year (or was it same year? i forget) and set time to -1. See how long
it takes the server to complete one end-of-turn. If you write a little
input file containing

        load mysavegame.sav.gz
        set endyear 2493
        set time -1

then you can run 'time civserver --read myinputfile.txt' and measure this
exactly.

  - Per