Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6585) Delta version 5

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6585) Delta version 5
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:45:55 -0800

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 02:11:08PM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > Why would you reorder the packets?
> >
> > Because you may want them in alphabetically order or ordered in groups
> > (unit packets, city packet, ...).
>
> I am not convinced this is necessary.

Input from others?

> > > Are default values really necessary, anyway?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Why?

Take the team patch and capability. Suppose that the client supports
it but the server doesn't. So the client does not want to special case
this. Solution (in the client): if the server doesn't support it the
team field is set to a neutral value (TEAM_NONE) and no other code
changes are required.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!"