[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5378) Diplomacy information in map middle-click

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5378) Diplomacy information in map middle-click
From: "Daniel L Speyer" <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:32:48 -0700

OK, I tried to write the generalized popup patch we discussed, but ran
into a major problem, possibly the reason that it this wasn't done
before.  *Translation is gui-dependant.*  Tis routine is full of strings
that need t be translated, but I can't do that in a general way.  I
suppose it would be possible to pass the strings as an argument from the
gui-specific code, but that's rather hideous.

If no one can suggest a general way to do translations, then I think we
have to give up on the general patch and just commit the one I
originally wrote.  It's too bad -- that code *ought* to be unified.

--Daniel Speyer