[Freeciv-Dev] freeciv coding style

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv coding style
From: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:45:36 -0400

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

A patch should be committable without maintainers having to go through fixing style. It wastes their time and introduces more delays. Please read the CodingStyle again and make sure you comply to it.

In general I agree; however, this may depend on the maintainer. I often go through and fix style and add comments when applying patches.

IMO the maintainers should be more rigorous about making sure code is commented. Having someone other than the patch author write the comments will most likely make them clearer IMO.

jason