[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4807) see diplomatic/zoc state of units on the map

To: ggracian@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4807) see diplomatic/zoc state of units on the map
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:43:15 -0700

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> Morgan Jones wrote:
>
> So instead of the HP bar color-coding the number of HP the unit has, it
> will indicate its alignment status?
>
> I don't think that's so good.  The bar is so small anyway practically
> the only way to tell how many HP a unit has is by the color...

Or by the middle-click.

Whatever solution you arrive to, I insist the alliance info should also be
available via the tile-info mouse middle click.  See the popit function in
/client/gui-*/mapctrl.c

Re: border colouring idea.
I think different colours should stay, even though I cannot distinguish
most of them.  Instead, one can code diplomatic info using the line
pattern.  Say, dotted for alliance, dash-dotted for peace, short-dashed
for neutral/ceasefire/no contact and long-dashed for war.

G.