[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4807) see diplomatic/zoc state of units on the map

To: ggracian@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4807) see diplomatic/zoc state of units on the map
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:19:19 -0700

On 10/08/2003, you wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:07:55AM -0700, Genevieve Gracian wrote:
>>
>> Playing with a lot of ais with new diplomacy patch makes rather
>> hard to see quickly with who you have which kind of diplomatic
>> state and so, with zoc, makes hard to move units quickly. Having a
>> look at the players report before moving an unit isn't acceptable.
>
> ACK.
>
>> Maybe a new colored sprite could be added in tilesets and layered
>> on units icons so that it's possible to see in the map if you can
>> stack on other player's unit, attack it or move being careful with
>> zoc.

Perhaps rather than adding a new sprite (with the multi-veteran patch
and everything else units are starting to get quite cluttered) the hit points
bar could be used for this purpose.

Your own units would have the standard white bar , and other units could
have red/yellow/green/blue bar as appropriate.

>> red -> war = can be attacked
>> yellow/orange -> cease-fire / neutral / peace = beware of zoc
>> green -> alliance = can be stacked
>>
>> For a stack, same graphic in blue can be used and details shown while editing
>> the stack for each unit.
>
>A good idea.  Can anyone provide sample graphics for trident and
>isotrident tilesets?

Let me know if you think this would work and if so, I'll update the
(iso)trident graphics.

     -Morgan