Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4536) pcity->ai.urgency not updated after reload

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4536) pcity->ai.urgency not updated after reload
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:29:35 -0700

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> Valgrind shows that pcity->ai.urgency is never updated after a saved
> game is loaded.

AFAIU it was introduced by commenting out srv_main.c:1772
===================
Revision 1.125 / (download) - [select for diffs] , Fri May 2 16:41:04
2003 UTC (2 months, 1 week ago) by per
Changes since 1.124: +1 -1 lines
Diff to previous 1.124

Kludge fix for a bug that appear with AI government code change. The bug
appears because we send unit info before data has been properly
initialized in the client. A call to assess_danger_player() that seems
totally unnecessary triggers the bug, and has therefore been removed.
Further investigation and fixing is in order, however.

For more info see 4107.

> Most likely this is a bug; the urgency should be recalculated when it is
> needed.  Possibly the urgency should be saved.  This patch simply
> initializes it to 0.

Does valgrind tell us where is it used uninitialized?

G.