Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4536) pcity->ai.urgency not updated after reload

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4536) pcity->ai.urgency not updated after reload
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:25:15 -0700

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> > Och...I think the best solution would be to call assess_danger_player in
> > ai_start_turn. This would slow things down a bit, but would make AI
> > marginally more sensible...
>
> Do you mean to say that saving pcity->ai.urgency in the savegame will not
> be sufficient?

It would be sufficient if ai.urgency is the only variable set by
assess_danger_player.  Is it?  I am not sure.

Also, I am afraid right now some AI code uses stale urgency values.  To
cure it the least we need to do is to move all AI actions to either end of
turn or beginning of turn.  It will make AI structure simpler and
therefore easier to trace and debug.  What happened to this idea?  Can we
restart it?

G.