Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1870) FreecivAC: borders patch

To: ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1870) FreecivAC: borders patch
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 04:21:58 -0700

Dnia 2003.07.03 12:38, Ben Webb napisa³(a):
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:52:38PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> > [ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Fri Jun 27 16:59:03 2003]:
> > > New version newborders-20030627.patch now available at
> > > http://freecivac.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Here's a slightly improved version of the patch.
> >

> > - Check for game.borders==0 and draw_borders in
> tile_draw_borders[_iso], not in the callers.
>
> I originally put this check in the callers such that borders could be
> drawn even if they were "officially" turned off (e.g. borders are
> always calculated, for the determination of landarea for civ_score)
> but I guess if this is really desired the callers can set game.
> borders directly.

There should be new border field in struct city and this variable
should be used with border calculation. The game.border parm. should be
only max reange limit. This will help us add "culture" effect for
civIII ruleset.

I don't like div to land and ocean cities with border calculation. In
this way when you city is build on coast your worker can't work on
enemy or neutral ocean terrain becouse it is outside your terrians
(Current borders don't attach coast city terrains). Another problem
that you have with continent/land limit are ocean lakes and dettection
it (in this case IMHO current code is poor).

I like simple solution that all in border/culture range is your land no
matter that this is land or ocean. In this case you don't need made any
ugly hack to detect all cases and should nice work with ocean cities.

Rafal

PNG image

PNG image