Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1870) FreecivAC: borders patch

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1870) FreecivAC: borders patch
From: "Ben Webb" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 03:38:54 -0700

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:52:38PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> [ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Fri Jun 27 16:59:03 2003]:
> > New version newborders-20030627.patch now available at
> > http://freecivac.sourceforge.net/
>
> Here's a slightly improved version of the patch.
>
> - In gui-sdl, draw the borders to pBufSurface instead of pDest.  For
> fogged tiles these two are not the same.

Ah-ha. That explains the weird behaviour of fogged borders then.

> - Check for game.borders==0 and draw_borders in tile_draw_borders[_iso],
> not in the callers.

I originally put this check in the callers such that borders could be
drawn even if they were "officially" turned off (e.g. borders are always
calculated, for the determination of landarea for civ_score) but I
guess if this is really desired the callers can set game.borders
directly.

> - In tile_draw_borders, draw only the borders for this tile.  This means
> all four directions are drawn.  This could be accomplished in half the
> code with an appropriate loop, but we don't have a good iterator for this.

All looks good to me. I've incorporated all of these changes into the main
FreecivAC patch.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/