Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#576) Re: Play By E-Mail - PBEM

To: tomg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#576) Re: Play By E-Mail - PBEM
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:50:02 -0700

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> ......x.y..1...........
>
> x and y are units of two different players. x has no moves. y moved
> from 1 to the current position. x and y now see each other. Now there
> is a new turn. Both units get full moves.

(Well, the obvious way of going about this is that the server sends new
moves to a player only the moment his phase starts, and then remove all
his moves when his phase ends. Not that this changes anything.)

> Now the starting player has an advantage.

This should read 'the other player has an advantage'. As Paul correctly
points out, as long as the order is fixed, it goes both ways.

The biggest issue I can see is new units from cities. There is also
hitpoint recovery, but that issue is very small. Both can be solved if we
do individual 'end turn' as discussed earlier.

  - Per