Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3886) City description

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3886) City description
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:19:21 -0700

[ChrisK@xxxxxxxx - Tue Apr  1 20:27:15 2003]:

> On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:48:58AM -0800, Stepan Roh wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Jason Short wrote:
> >

> > > [ChrisK@xxxxxxxx - Fri Mar 28 09:53:43 2003]:

> > > is not
> > >
> > > This is a problem.  Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Is it possible to put the description *above* the city?
>
> > Add north and south line of forbidden polar land (was not it like
that in
> > old Civs?).
>
> Screen estate wasting IMO

How so?  The suggestion is that cities cannot be built on the north or
south pole.  I would generalize this to say cities cannot be built on
any tile that is adjacent to an unreal tile.

This won't completely solve the problem, but it comes pretty close.  But
is it too much of a hack?  _Did_ any of the old civ games have this game
rule?

jason