Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3928) Convert client to use PF

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3928) Convert client to use PF
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:43:28 -0700

The resulting code is very nice and clear, but still poorly commented.  I
added some comments where I knew the answers and left "Glip:" marked
questions where I didn't.  Please answer these questions by comments!!

I didn't change any of your code, only comments, but I added one fix to
prevent client crashing (also marked by "Glip:") and threw in a couple of
fixes of the path_finding, for good measure.  These were the bugs I
discovered while doing rampage, we can commit them separately or as part
of your patch.  The bugs are:
-- construct_path tried to step back beyond the initial position of the
   path
-- zoc-handling prevented paths ending on a military target.

Since goto.c was practically rewritten, I suggest we run indent on it (and
ask it to get rid of tabs too).

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:

> > > Open issues are:
> > >  - the network interface doesn't support dangerous tiles
> > >  - the path execution at the server doesn't support dangerous tiles
> > >  - the network interface is quite weird (for example it divides the
> > >  path into 20-positions chunks while a chunk could holds 1500/2=750
> > >  positions)

So this means that if I attempt doing goto with a trireme I will get a
core?  I think it should be fixed before this is committed.

> > 5. It's a bit hard to tell just looking at the diff, but it seems
> > you have committed the greatest possible travesty: recalculating map
> > each time the mouse is moved.  If it is so, you have to repent, fast
> > for three days and fix it by using pf_get_path on the old map.
>
> You have looked correct. Fixed.

But have you fasted?

G.