Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3735) Zulu (Shaka) gets a free capital when Catala

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3735) Zulu (Shaka) gets a free capital when Catalan (Jefe) conquers its capital
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 07:32:45 -0800

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > Anyway, I think the savepalace option is more confusing than helpful. How
> > about just setting the tech requirement of Palace to"None" so that you
> > can build it without Masonry?
>
> And this is the fix for what problem?

It fixes the original problem (if you lose Palace before Masonry you're
totally screwed since you can no longer research anything) without using a
bandaid kludge like the savepalace server option that conjures up a new
palace by random. It also fixes the problem Chris mentions, that if you
lose all your cities but not all your original units and manage to found a
new city but do not have Masonry, you're also totally screwed.

Chris, Thomas, others... what do you think?

  - Per