Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3735) Zulu (Shaka) gets a free capital when Catala

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3735) Zulu (Shaka) gets a free capital when Catalan (Jefe) conquers its capital
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:01:08 -0800

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 07:32:45AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > Anyway, I think the savepalace option is more confusing than helpful. How
> > > about just setting the tech requirement of Palace to"None" so that you
> > > can build it without Masonry?
> >
> > And this is the fix for what problem?
>
> It fixes the original problem (if you lose Palace before Masonry you're
> totally screwed since you can no longer research anything) without using a
> bandaid kludge like the savepalace server option that conjures up a new
> palace by random. It also fixes the problem Chris mentions, that if you
> lose all your cities but not all your original units and manage to found a
> new city but do not have Masonry, you're also totally screwed.
>
> Chris, Thomas, others... what do you think?

All that doesn't give automatically a new palace is nice. I don't like
to siege every city after i nearly killed an empire.

And when its a feature for civ2 compatibility why is it 1 in default
ruleset?

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.