Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3735) Zulu (Shaka) gets a free capital when Catala

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3735) Zulu (Shaka) gets a free capital when Catalan (Jefe) conquers its capital
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 03:34:03 -0800

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 12:58:33AM -0800, Guest wrote:

> [glip - Tue Apr  1 18:46:21 2003]:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Guest wrote:
> >

> > > [guest - Sun Mar 23 09:33:31 2003]:

> > > Please consider this !
> > >
> > > It did happen only with Zulu nation on 1.14.0
> >
> > AFAIK the "always free palace" happens only if
> > 1. savepalace is enabled
> > 2. the nation is not able to build palace themselves (i.e. doesn't have
> > the required tech)
> >
> > I guess Zulus didn't have that tech (Masonry I think).
> >
> > The motivation behind this option was that if a Mason-free nation loses
> > palace, the corruption is total and no more techs are discovered, so the
> > palace is never built --- vicious circle.
> >
> > G.
>
> When I rapidly checked both code and civserver help I didn't see any
> evidence of this tech specific restriction.

This isn't tech related. G. is wrong here. The help is also quite
clear about this:
  If this is set to 1 when the capital is conquered, palace is automatically
  rebuilt for free in another randomly choosed city, regardless on the
  knowledge of Masonry.

So with savepalace on you can loose your palace only if:
 - you sell it or
 - your capital is conquered/destroyed/given away and it is the last
 city you have.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  The Software is not designed or licensed for use in on-line control