[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3550) Partial buy production

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3550) Partial buy production
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:49:29 -0800

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 08:10:15AM -0800, Rafa³ Bursig wrote:
> Dnia 2003.02.27 16:34 Per I. Mathisen napisa³(a):
> > On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Rafa? Bursig wrote:

> > >  Buy Production Dlg. should have 2 additonnal option ( 4 total
> > > options )
> > > 1) "Yes - High" buy all "shields" ( finish next turn )
> > > 2) "Yes - Low" buy all needed "shields". ( finish next turn )
> > > This option will save your money :)
> > > exp. unit cost 50, you have been build 25 , city production is 5 per
> > > turn
> > > This option will buy 20 "shields" : 25(already build) + 20(buy) +
> > > 5(city prod) = 50
> > > 3) "Buy what you can" - you decide how many "shields" buy.
> > > exp. you dont have enouch money but you want pay something to hurry
> > > production.
> > > 4) "No, thanks" - exit dlg.

2) changes the rules, makes it more complicated for nearly no good.
Indeed, I usually *want* the additional shields, they help me building
the next item (in case of a unit) cheaper. "All needed" ist not clearly
defined because it may very well be that the production is lower than
expected; you don't get the building the next turn then. Last, the
computation is far from clear, because the costs are increasing, especially
with units and wonders.

3) is simply useless, you give up the decision how to invest your gold
too early.

> > > Why 1) and 2) simply : when 2 players want build Wonder and first
> > buy
> > > with 1) and Secound with 2) then Wonder will be build by First
> > Player
> > > who pay more :)

You want to implement an auction?

> > Why? You can just save the gold until the number of shields remaining
> > is less than what you can pay.
> I think you speak about 3).
>
> But 2) is only extension of 3) , simply this calculation is make
> automaticaly.
> And...
> If you know how many turn/shields need other player to build wonder and
> you cant build all Wonder Production at once but you can buy so many
> production that can build this wonder 1 turn earlyer.
>
> Rafal

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/