[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding
From: Ross Wetmore <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:25:16 -0500

I suspect that there is a bit more explaining to do about EC.

Some user scenario type explanations would probably help the
unwashed understand the mysteries of EC and why any unsigned
number is magically an EC or what this actually does to PF.

Frankly, it appears totally useless and should be removed, at
least from any basic pf operation. It can be added back in a
specialized callback that understands and has some use for it.
But wasting scarce warmap cycles creating, manipulating and
storing/copying EC values around that have no function in the
general case is not particularly wise.

Cheers,
RossW
=====