[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:25:07 +0100

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:19:13PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> Quoting Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > > Don't push it on me, man!  Since you are not giving me the example
> > > that needs it, we will assume that none such exists.
> >
> > That callback were your idea. I have no code which needs this callback
> > at all.
> >
> > But your point (add it if current code needs it) is mood. This way we
> > wouldn't have EC, is_pos_dangerous and TM_*_TIME.

> Not true.  I am not asking for existing code / problem.  I am asking
> for any (future) situation where we would need this.  And I can give
> you situations (as you can do yourself) where there is need for EC,
> is_pos_dangerous and TM_*_TIME.

That would a situation where depending on the known state of the
target of the step the MC of the step is changed. Any sane person
would not attach this to a step but to the tile and so use EC. I agree
that the usage of known is very unlikely.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "#!/usr/bin/perl -w