Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2922) Re: (PR#2924) OK. the reorg patch has a bug.

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2922) Re: (PR#2924) OK. the reorg patch has a bug. Help from a client expert?
From: "esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:04:58 -0800

Jason Short via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> But in your tileset this isn't the case - both end up as 18x20 sprites.

OK, I got it.

> > You know what it looks like to me?  It looks like the drawing routines
> > think the size of every sprite is the base size of the tileset.  So
> > the full-width/full-depth tiles in the terrain set look OK, but the
> > small ones get tucked into the upper-left-hand corner of a rectangle
> > of the tileset's base size centered on the correct location.
>
> They certainly do assume that.  But that's okay, because it's true - in
> the original tilesets, but not in yours.

(Eric rummages in his conversion code.)

*KLONNGGGGG*!!!   <- the sound of ESR thumping his head against a nearby wall

My bad.  I misread something Raimer told me and autocropped
everything, not just the flags sprites.

> The fact that they assume this is generally bad.  But changing this
> isn't as easy as one might think.  We're working on it...

I'll crock my conversion script so it doesn't autocrop anything that
is not a flag.  This is easy and fast and will work around the symptom.  But
you're right; this should really be fixed at a deeper level.

The problem with the trident tileset is different; I forgot to strip off
some .spec suffixes in the filename.  I'll ship a revised patch that
fixes these bugs.