[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2505) Game end messages not translated

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2505) Game end messages not translated
From: "Reinier Post via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 10:37:10 -0800

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:14:38AM -0800, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT wrote:

> Thank you for the explanation. I'm very interested in a real solution
> for the i18n problems. But I think you've missed the point:
>
> You are talking about translation problems in general.

No, Jason is referring to translation of strings generated by the server,
and sent to the client.  None of them are translated at the moment.

> And I still don't see the point not to translate them.

As Jason explained, the client may not be able to display them correctly.

A solution is to leave the _() mark (or something equivalent) on while
transmitting them to the client, and expect the client to perform the
translation.

--
Reinier