Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: measure the reaction time for diplomat actions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: measure the reaction time for diplomat actions
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:10:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > maybe this problem would be solved if the diplomat
> > was hidden once they had "entered" an enemy city.
>
> IMHO this is a __good__ idea.

How would this be represented in the client? What would be the
benefits/disadvantages of having a diplomat "stored" inside an enemy city?
Would it be lost at end of turn? Can you "store" multiple diplomats this
way? What would happen if you entered into an alliance with this player
before "using" the "stored" diplomat? Or if you conquered the city first?
Or it is disbanded? Can the other player know that you have a diplomat
hidden inside the city? Or have any way of flushing it out?

I'm not opposed to it - it may be a good idea - but this is no small
change with lots of unanswered questions.

  - Per