Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC C.

Cc: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC C.
From: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:49:40 -0500

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Andy Black wrote:

On a side note, has anyone tried compiling the stub client recently?
Some of the generic header files have changed, and I think it might
not compile.

Is it really useful?

If there are missing functions in the stub files (which I have just discovered is the case; this is bad), then it won't compile.

By abductive reasoning, therefore, it is bad if the stub client won't compile.

However, aside from the missing functions, there are some missing includes (which might as well be added) and a good number of other compile warnings/errors (which may or may not be bad). Eventually it will be worth our while, I think, to clean up gui-stub, comment all of the functions, and make everything compile cleanly.

jason