Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Robert Alan Byer <byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC C.
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 19:31:06 +0200

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 19:03, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> wasn't the fact that we have two attribute.h's a problem for some of the
> handheld developers? Is the compiler trying to find the wrong attribute.h
> and choking when it sees fc__attribute()?

Yes, definitely you've catch the problem.
This can explain why civserver compiles and instead civclient not.
(it uses the wrong attribute.h file)

> I might suggest renaming attribute.h in the client to client_attribute.h
> (with appropriate changes elsewhere) and see if that solves it. If you
> check your preprocessor output, fc__attribute should not be appearing...

Isn't better to get rid of the common/attribute.h file and including it
into common/shared.h, with the related necessary include rules removal?

(I mean, also in CVS tree as well...)

Inside common/attribute.h file there is only that little define that
checks __GCC__ define, for how to substitute fc__attribute.

This is only my 2 cents.

> -mike

        Ciao, Davide