Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc: default production

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc: default production
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:28:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> > Instead, I suggest this simple rule:
> >
> > if (was producing unit)
> >     continue producing that type of unit
> > else if (was producing building and can build capitalization)
> >     switch to capitalization
>
> Can the owner switch back to a building without a penalty?

That would be a rules change, but yes, I think that would make sense.

> > else
> >     /* eg civ2 ruleset */
> >     switch to first FirstBuild unit (phalanx etc)
>
> The firstbuild capability could be better advertised in the UI btw.

I think you misunderstand. FirstBuild is a flag in units.ruleset.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra