Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc on allowconnect

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc on allowconnect
From: Robin Dziama <rdziama@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:59:11 -0400

Please excuse a suggestion by a newbie to freeciv, but a long time developer.

If the current client is transformed into a server-client pair with the
local server behaving as a client with regard to the game server and
allowing local clients that can accept observer connections as well as
allow the player to have multiple views (a trident tileset on one desktop
with a hires on another ) might be a simpler approach. I'm also thinking
multi-threaded.

I'm just beginning to look through the current codeset and my linux box is
having a disk transplant, so I'll actually get more helpful in the
(hopefully near) future.

robin