[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:55:31 +0100

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:22:56AM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 09:56:10AM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:58:36PM -0700, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > > Actually, I mean where each nation has a different tree in the same game.
> > AFAIK this possible now with the init_techs attribute of the nations.
>
> no, I believe he means techs that one nation can have that others can't
> and vice-versa.

        You do this by setting up the tech dependencies such that they
all depend on a certain set of initial techs at the root. To completely
separate them, of course, you need to prevent the gaining of random
techs from huts and captured cities, although it may create an
interesting game if the only way you can build a certain class of unit
is to bargain or fight with another nation for the prerequisite tech.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."