[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion

To: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Panov <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 22:26:53 -0400

 Kenn Munro [29/05/2002 17:25] dijo/said:
>This reminds me of one of my peeves.. that an offshore platform gives
>one extra prod for each ocean square.  It can make a big difference in
>the game once someone reaches that tech and can buy a few offshore
>platforms.  I usually stop playing the AI at that point for lack of
>challenge.
>
>A more realistic way of handling it would be to have random "oil" tiles
>[...]

FWIW, one of my (unimplemented) ideas is a fish-factory ship: it "farms"
a 3x3 square, and sends the food output to its city (pretty much what
fish-factory ships do in real life, only that in Freeciv's case they
don't overfish). That way we could build even bigger cities.

These would cause lots of political trouble if farming a square that
belongs to a city, etcetera.

And I like the idea of offshore oil platforms, too.