Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [POLL] Variables descriptions

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [POLL] Variables descriptions
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:06:56 +0100

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 09:30:36AM -0500, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> Now, if Style 2 is used, the headers would have to be like
> /*************************Gui-building**********************/
> which would really be obnoxious and disruptive.

client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c uses in a few places

  /**** -Start of Notebook- ****/

  /**** End of Notebook ****/

In general only such GUI stuff needs such seperations after 100
lines. For normal code you would split it into seperate functions. For
GUI code this doesn't make much sense.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a