Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] [POOL] Variables descriptions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [POOL] Variables descriptions
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:30:37 +0100

I already had some discussion with Mike about this - he wants variables
descriptions like:

char *foo; /* bar bar bar bar bar ... barbar
            * barbarbar bar bar */

but I want it like:

/* bar bar bar bar bar ... barbar
 * barbarbar bar bar */
char *foo;

The first one MAY (I think it does the contrary ;) improve reading of
declarations, but its leaks are enlarging together with comment's length. I
find the second one as more convient to read (especially with syntax
highlighting, which any sane editor should do, but w/o it as well) and I
already used this in my previous patches and I saw others starting to use this
too (can't actually remember who exactly, though ;).

So I decided to hear your opinions about this issue - I particulary care about
opinions of Greg, Raahul, Ross (altough I doubt he'll notice this ;) and
Raimar, but others are welcome too :).

PS: sorry for briefness of this mail but it's relatively late for me today, but
I wanted this mail to get out today yet.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
.
No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
.